Microsoft is listening to its users and is now focusing on GroupMe, a chat messaging app. A recent release of GroupMe’s new version integrated what users have been waiting for, a dark mode for Windows 10.
While Android and iOS users of GroupMe are enjoying the dark mode for several years back, users of Windows 10 are still left with the old interface. But, with the new version release, 184.108.40.206, GroupMe in Windows 10 now has the option for a dark theme.
GroupMe is a popular chat messaging platform, especially for college students. The app is easy to use, straightforward, and it allows phone book contacts to reply to your messages. They do not need to download and use the app. They can send their replies via SMS.
Users can also create chat groups. If you want to set a dark mode in your friend’s chat groups, it is now possible in your Windows 10.
Before you switch your GroupMe app to dark mode, remember to update your app first to the latest version. To update to version 2.44.70 or later, go to the Microsoft Store and search for GroupMe. Download the available update and install it on your computer.
Now that you have updated the app, it is time to set it to dark. Follow the steps below to know how to do it.
How to Enable Dark Mode in GroupMe for Windows 10
- On your Windows 10, launch the GroupMe app.
- At the bottom left corner, click the Gear icon.
- In the Settings, look for App Theme.
- Click the down arrow to open the drop-down menu. You have three options: System Default, Light, and Dark. If you want to set the dark theme, click Dark.
- A message will appear: You will see the new theme after restarting the app.
- Close your GroupMe app and launch it again.
- Your new app interface will have a dark mode theme.
What do you think of GroupMe’s dark mode? Do you like it or do you want to revert back to the old look? Tell us in the comments below.