Millions of people are listening to podcasts for entertainment and self-enrichment. With thousands of contents available, you will find a lot of options for various topics. To make it easier for its users to navigate through their favorite shows and series, Google Podcasts is rolling out a new feature.
Google lets users stay on their platform even if they want to listen to podcasts beyond the Google Podcasts library. With the new addition of the private RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed, users can check out new content without leaving the Google Podcast platform.
Once subscribed, you can access the RSS feed on your Android or iPhone, and on the web. It will collate all your subscribed channels inside Google Podcasts, so you don’t have to jump from one platform to another. All podcasts will appear alongside each other, whether it is from Google Podcasts or other premium podcast providers like Supercast, Patreon, Stratechery, Slate, Glow, Memberful, and RedCircle.
Add Private RSS Feeds to Subscribe on Google Podcasts for Android and iOS
If you are using an Android or an iOS device, check out the steps below on how you can start subscribing to private RSS feeds on your Google Podcasts. The steps are the same for both Android and Apple devices. Take note that you will need to update your Google Podcasts app first to see the RSS feed option.
- Launch the Google Podcast app.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select the Activity tab.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions tab.
- Once inside, tap the three-dotted icon.
- Select Add by RSS feed.
- Now, go to the podcasts that you want to add to the feed. Copy the link.
- Paste the podcast URL on the pop-up box.
- Tap Subscribe.
How to Subscribe to Private RSS Feeds on Google Podcasts for the Web
If you are using Google Podcasts on a web browser, you can also add the RSS Feed.
- On any browser, go to https://podcasts.google.com/.
- On the upper-left corner, click the three horizontal lines icon.
- Click Add by RSS Feed.
- Paste the URL of the podcasts that you want to subscribe to and click the Subscribe button.
You can add all the podcasts that you want by following the steps above. What do you think of the new Private RSS Feeds of Google Podcasts? Tell us in the comments below.