Productivity is integral in the success of any organization. That is why Microsoft gives your Microsoft 365, where you can access productivity apps to help you create and organize files. You can use staple Microsoft Office apps like PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher, and OneNote. There are also other applications like Microsoft Teams, Access, Outlook, Skype for Business, and more.
Microsoft 365 is subscription-based business model developed for Windows 10 PC, Mac, Linux, Chromebook computer or even mobile devices running Android and iOS. You need to pay a monthly subscription fee for you to access and use the app suite. However, some users do not want to renew their subscription while some feel the need to cancel their Microsoft 365 plan altogether.
Canceling your Microsoft 365 Subscription or Stopping Recurring Payments
You have the option to cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription plan or turn off recurring or auto-renew payments. Turning off your recurring bill will stop the next billing after your current subscription expires. You will no longer receive any billing for next month’s subscription.
However, when you choose to cancel your subscription, it will automatically stop the plan and will give you a refund for any unused time remaining for your account. Still, if you want to continue using the rest of the time in your current billing, you can do so until the expiry date.
Steps to Cancel Microsoft 365 Subscription Plan
- On any browser, go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/?ref=SMC-Cancel&refd=support.microsoft.com.
- Sign in with your email address and password associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Look for your subscription plan.
- Navigate to the Payment settings section.
- Select Manage.
- Click Cancel.
- Confirm your action.
How to Turn Off Recurring Bill on Microsoft 365 Subscription
Now, if you see Turn off auto-renew billing instead of Manage, you have the option to stop recurring payments on your Microsoft 365 subscription plan.
- Navigate to Microsoft 365 Services & subscriptions page.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to your subscription plan.
- Look for Payment settings.
- Click Change.
- Select Turn off recurring billing or Turn off auto-renew.
- Click the option to confirm.
What are your reasons for canceling your Microsoft 365 subscription? Please write to us in the comments section below.