Are some of your emails not sound in your Sent Items folder? Many users reported that every time they forward an email to someone, they cannot see it appear in the Sent Items folder. It’s missing or not showing up. Outlook is no longer saving and putting a copy of their forwarded emails on the Sent Items folder.
Such an incident and issue will result in not being able to verify if the forwarded message was successfully sent or not. Your recipient may not receive it at all. In some cases, it may not be ideal to re-sent a forwarded message when it has already been sent.
Ways to Troubleshoot & Resolve Forwarded Emails Does Not Appear or Getting Saved in Sent Items Outlook Folder
One of the main reasons why your forwarded messages are not showing up and are not saved in Outlook sent items folder is the disabled feature in the settings. The option to save forwarded emails might not be currently enabled in the settings menu of your Outlook client.
Fortunately, there are also ways for you to troubleshoot the problem and fix the error with your emails. You can check out the different methods below to fix the sent folder issue if it no longer saving your emails when you forward them.
Solution #1 – Turn On Save Forwarded Messages Option in Outlook
- Launch Outlook website or app on your device.
- Tap or click the File tab.
- Select Options.
- On the left side, choose Mail.
- Go to the right side, and navigate to the Save Messages section.
- Look for the Save Forwarded Messages option and check the box next to it.
- Tap or click OK.
Solution #2 – Edit Sent Items Settings in Outlook
- On your Outlook mail client, go to File.
- Select Options.
- Choose Mail.
- Navigate to the Save Messages section.
- Check the box next to Save Copies of Messages in the Sent Items Folder.
- Click OK.
Solution #3 – Enable the Save Forwarded Messages Option via Group Policy
Before you edit the settings on your Group Policy, you need to download the Administrative Templates first.
- On your web browser, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49030.
- Click the Download button.
- After downloading the file, extract the admintemplates_32bit.exe or admintemplates_64bit.exe file to a file on your local disk.
- Launch the File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions.
- Now, copy the ADMX file based on the version of your Outlook. Here are the references:
- Office 2016, Office 2019, Office LTSC 2021, or Outlook for Microsoft 365 – Outlk16.admx
- Office 2013 – Outlk15.admx
- Office 2010 – Outlk14.adm
- For ADML files, go to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\xx-xx. (xx-xx is a language culture name, such as en-us for English (US)) Here are the references:
- Office 2016, Office 2019, Office LTSC 2021, or Outlook for Microsoft 365 – Outlk16.adml
- Office 2013 – Outlk15.adml
- Open the Group Policy Management Console.
- Go to User Configuration and expand Administrative Templates.
- Expand your Microsoft Outlook version.
- Expand the Outlook Options.
- Open Preferences.
- Expand Email Options.
- Choose the Advanced Email Options node.
- Double-click More save messages.
- Choose Enabled.
- Turn on Save Forwarded Messages.
- Click OK.
Solution #4 – Turn Off Cached Mode in Outlook
- On your Outlook, navigate to File.
- Select Account Settings.
- Choose Account Settings again.
- Navigate to the Email tab.
- Choose your Exchange account.
- Click Change.
- Uncheck the box next to Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Click Next.
- Select Finish.
Do you have other ideas on how to troubleshoot and fix the Outlook sent items error on forwarded messages? You can tell us in the comment section below.