Not everyone is comfortable showing their faces on-screen during a Zoom meeting. In situations where there are many participants in a video conference, it is not always necessary to turn on your video and show yourself, especially if you are only there to listen. Most of the time, you can show your profile picture for people to know that you are there.
Unfortunately, some users complained that their profile picture does not show or display during Zoom meetings. When they turn off the video, only their name initials appear and not their photos. While it is okay, it does not represent you as a person.
How do I Get to Show my Profile Photo in Zoom Meetings Instead of Video?
If you’ve asked that very same question, there are several methods to try on how you can show your profile picture during a Zoom meeting. You can try each way one at a time and see which one works for you best.
Method #1 – Adding your Profile Photo in Zoom
Add Profile Picture via Zoom for the Web
- To add your profile picture through the web, go to http://zoom.us/ on your browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- On the upper right corner, select My Account.
- Click Profile on the left side.
- Under your profile picture, click Change.
- Select the Upload button and choose a picture.
- Crop it and click the Save button.
NEED A CHROMEBOOK FOR ZOOM? Check out these awesome deals on the latest Chromebooks at Amazon!
Add Profile Picture via Zoom Mobile App
- To add a profile picture, launch the Zoom app.
- At the bottom right, tap Settings.
- Select your name.
- Tap Profile Photo.
- Select Choose Photo. Upload your picture.
Add Profile Picture via Google Account
- If you want to add your profile picture via your Google account, go to https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- On the left side, select the Personal Info option.
- Select Photo.
- Choose a photo you want to upload.
- Click the Set As Profile Photo button.
- Log in to Zoom using your Google Account, and your profile picture will appear.
Add Profile Picture via Zoom Desktop App on Mac and Windows 10/11
- On the Zoom desktop client home screen, click your profile picture on the upper-right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to Profile section and click on your profile picture to change it.
- Click on “Change Picture” and select the photo you want from your computer.
- Crop the image if needed and hit save.
Method #2 – Add Your Profile Picture During the Meeting
- When you are at a Zoom meeting, right-click on the video.
- You will see a list of options. Select Add Profile Picture.
- Choose your photo and select Save.
- You can then turn off your video for your profile picture to appear.
Method #3 – Ask the Zoom Meeting Host
Your meeting host may have enabled the Hide Participant Profile Pictures feature. You can ask him/her to disable the feature by navigating to the Settings menu. It is in the In Meeting (Basic) or the Security option.
Method #4 – Sign in to your Zoom Account
In some cases, users joined a meeting as a guest and not through their account. If that happens, their profile picture will not appear on the screen. You just need to sign in to your account the next time you join a meeting or simply get out and re-join the meeting with your account to show your profile picture.
Which of the methods above is the easiest thing to do? Let us know what you think in the comments down below.
NEED A NEW COMPUTER FOR YOUR VIDEO MEETINGS? Check out these heavily discounted laptop computers at Amazon right now!