Say goodbye to Google Play Music as it is counting the days before it finally shuts down. But, Google will not leave you hanging and unable to listen to your favorite music and playlists. Now, you can easily transfer your entire Google Play Music Library collection to the new YouTube Music.
As Google Play Music is preparing to leave the music streaming scene by the end of the year, Google will give its users enough time to transfer their music library to YouTube Music and gradually transition to the new music app.
The transfer of your entire music collection will be easier and you will still have access to both apps while Google Play Music is still running.
This will give users time to get used to YouTube Music and not lose any content they had built-in Google Play Music. You can transfer personal uploads, recommendations, and purchased songs.
The app can even track your video searches and carry over your likes and dislikes. All your billing information will be transferred and converted to YouTube Music Premium based on the equivalent tier of your Google Play Music subscription.
Move your Google Play Music Library to YouTube Music Easily, Here’s How:
You can transfer your music library using your smartphone or through the web. First, you have to download the YouTube Music app on the iOS App Store or Google Play Store. If you have installed the app, download the latest version.
- If you want to transfer through the website, go to this link https://music.youtube.com/transfer and click Transfer.
- If you are using the smartphone app, launch the YouTube music app.
- Click your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Click Transfer and select Transfer from Google Play Music.
- In some cases, you will see the banner “Transfer your Play Music library” on your main screen. The banner “Transfer from Google Play Music” also appears when you open the app’s settings. Click on the banner and click Let’s Go to display your music library.
- Click Start Transfer to initiate the transfer of your music files.
Take note that as the transfer is still underway, you will see the status message, “transferring your Google Play Music library.” After the transfer is complete, a notification will appear on the app or on your email.
Are you excited to use the YouTube Music app? Tell us in the comments below.