Do you love playing games on your Windows 11 PC but find it hard to follow the dialogues or understand the in-game instructions?
Have you ever wished for an easier way to add subtitles to your favorite games without manually typing them? Well, you’re in luck!
Fortunately, we’ll show you how to automatically add subtitles to your games using Live Captions, a built-in feature on Windows 11.
How to Use Windows 11 PC Live Captions Feature to Add Game Subtitles
Using the Live Captions feature on Windows 11 is easy. All you have to do is enable the tool first and start using it. Check out the methods below.
Steps to Enabling Live Captions in Windows 11 PC
Before diving into the details of using Live Captions for your games, you must enable this feature in Windows 11 settings. Here’s how:
- Open the Windows 11 Settings app by clicking the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on the “Accessibility” option.
- Scroll to the “Hearing” section and select “Live Captions.”
- Toggle the switch to turn on Live Captions.
- With Live Captions enabled, you can now use this feature for your games.
Steps on How to Use Live Captions in Games on Windows 11
- Launch the game you want to play and open the game’s audio settings.
- Set the audio output to “Windows Sonic for Headphones” or “Dolby Atmos for Headphones.” These spatial audio formats work best with Live Captions.
- Once you have set up the audio output, press the Windows key + H to open the Live Captions menu.
- If this is your first time using Live Captions, you may be prompted to download the required language packs. Follow the on-screen instructions to download the packs.
- Once the language packs are installed, Live Captions will display subtitles in real-time as you play the game.
Customizing Windows 11 Live Captions Feature for Games
Live Captions also offers several customization options to enhance your gaming experience. Here are a few options you may want to consider:
Resize and Reposition the Live Captions Window
You can resize the Live Captions window by dragging the edges of the window. You can also reposition the window to any part of the screen by dragging the Live Captions title bar.
Change the Live Captions Font Size and Style
You can customize the font size and style of the Live Captions text to suit your preferences.
- To do this, go to Settings > Accessibility > Live Captions and select “Caption settings.”
- From there, you can choose your desired font size and style.
Adjust the Live Captions Background and Text Color
If you have trouble reading the Live Captions text, you can change the background and text color.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Live Captions > Caption settings and select “Background & color.”
- From there, you can choose your desired background and text color.
Live Caption is a powerful tool that can help you add subtitles to your games automatically. Following the steps outlined in this article, you can enable and use Live Captions to enhance your gaming experience.
While this feature has some limitations, it can be a valuable tool for gamers who want to immerse themselves in their favorite games fully.