Hogwarts Legacy is one of 2023’s biggest releases and the game’s popularity doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. With all the love it has gotten for its vast open world, there have also been some valid concerns regarding the way it performs.
As a triple-A title, it’s expected that the $70 price tag next to this game will be justified. Therefore, if you’re one of the many users experiencing the plague of bugs in this game, it’s time to learn how to submit bug reports and ensure that your game works as intended when playing on a Windows computer.
Troubleshooting and Fixing Hogwarts Legacy Performance Issues
The way this game has worked so far has been nothing short of disappointing, especially for users without the top GPUs on the market. Currently, most PC gamers are on the GTX 1660 Ti or RTX 2060 GPUs respectively. These graphics cards are designed for the average gamer who wishes to enjoy single player games in 1080p 60FPS with a mix of medium-high settings. However, this hasn’t been the case with Hogwarts Legacy app.
The game has been riddled with poor memory usage and long shader compilation times. Moreover, there are other problems that are seemingly unfixable in the game. With all these issues, it’s no wonder that Steam reviews are on the negative end currently.
Some troubleshooting methods have suggested a few solutions. Here are the top ones you can use when using the game on your Windows 10 or 11 PC:
Disable Ray Tracing
If you’re on an RTX GPU, it will be well worth your time to disable this heavy feature to get a better experience out of this card.
- Launch the game and head over to your Settings
- Choose Graphics Options
- Toggle off Ray Tracing Reflections, Ray Tracing Shadows and Ray Tracing Ambient Occlusion
- Reduce the Ray Tracing Quality from Ultra to a desired specification
- Apply Changes
Roll Back Graphics Driver
- Go to your Device Manager by searching for it on Windows
- Select Display adapters
- Right-click on your graphics card and choose Properties
- Press Roll Back Driver under the Drivers tab
Submitting Bug Reports on Hogwarts Legacy Game Version For PC
You should go to the Warner Bros. website if you want to successfully report a bug and ensure that the message reaches the target audience.
- Click on Report a Bug at the top of this website
- Log into your free WB Games Account by entering your email and password, or you can choose to make a new account
- Go to the bug report page after accessing the website or click here to go directly to the page.
- Select the form and fill out all the information with as much detail as possible
- Explain the issue fully so that the team can proffer an effective solution
Hogwarts Legacy is currently one of the biggest games in 2023. With this guide, you should be able to successfully voice out your pain points with the developers and hopefully receive a solution to your performance issues with a patch in the future.