Smart devices make our life at home easy. With just the sound of your voice, you can make things happen within your home. Say a command to turn off the lights or adjust the temperature and it follows with you sitting like a king or queen on your sofa.
It is even more helpful to people who are working at home. You do not have to stop work and do some house maintenance. All you have to do is say the “Hey, Google“ command.
Google has its own set of home smart devices that will make your life a breeze. But, at some point, these technologies go through issues that disrupt their performance. While there are some methods you can do on the app to solve these problems, some cases require you to perform a factory reset.
Keep in mind that while Google Home smart devices run under the management of Google does not mean it all works the same way. How you perform a factory reset in one device is different from the other device.
To help you get started and perform a factory reset on any Google Home smart device, follow the steps below.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Google Home Devices
Having a Google Home is like having a personal assistant waiting to carry out small tasks for you when you say so.
To perform a factory reset on your Google Home, press and hold the mute button for at least 15 seconds or until the Google Assistant will tell you that a reset has been completed. The mute button of your Google Home is found at the back of your device.
Factory Reset the Google Home Mini Devices
What kind of Google Home Mini are you using right now? The two versions of the Home Mini have different processes for resetting the device to factory settings.
For Google Home Mini (1st generation version)
- At the back of your device, look for the Google logo.
- Now, look for the small button below the letter G. You can easily see it above the power cord.
- Press and hold the small button for a few seconds until the Google Assistant will inform you that a reset is starting.
- Continue to hold the button during the reset process until you hear a sound indicating the completion of the reset.
For Nest Home Mini (2nd generation version)
- Turn off the mic on your Home Mini.
- Wait for the LEDs to turn to orange.
- Then, look for the top-center button and press and hold for a few seconds until you hear a confirmation that a reset is starting.
- Continue to hold the button for about ten seconds until it is complete.
Perform a Factory Reset on Google Home Max
If you have the larger version of Google Home and got yourself a Google Home Max, the factory reset process is the same.
- Look for the small button at the back of the device, near the power cord.
- Press and hold it for a few seconds until you hear a confirmation indicating the start of the reset process.
- Continue to hold the button until the reset is done.
How to Factory Reset Google Nest Hub Devices
To reset your Google Nest Hub, look for the two buttons for your volume and press and hold them together until Google Assistant will inform you that a reset is starting. The volume buttons are found at the back of the device.
Was the article helpful? Follow the steps one at the time to help you perform a successful factory reset. Let us know in the comments below what you think about the process of resetting your Google smart home devices.