Streaming services like Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and Netflix have penetrated the homes of a lot of people around the world. The huge movie library can entertain families and individual users for hours, not to mention the constant addition of new movies and original shows. But, despite their popularity and success, users are not spared from technical problems.
Users have complained of buffering playback issues when streaming on their Disney Plus. Instead of uninterrupted enjoyment, users keep on seeing a playback error, which prevents them from watching their favorite movies.
Fixing Disney Plus Keeps Buffering Playback Issue
If you experience the same problems on Disney Plus, you will find below some troubleshooting methods to help you solve the issue.
Solution #1 – Restart Your Disney+ App
- Close your Disney Plus app.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Restart your app and check if you still experience the playback issue.
Solution #2 – Power Cycle Your Devices
If the solution above does not work, try to power cycle your device to refresh your connection.
- Close your Disney+ app and turn off your device.
- Unplug your modem, router, and device.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, plug in your modem and wait for it to fully connect.
- Do the same to your router.
- Plug in your device and launch your Disney Plus app. Check if the issue is still there.
Solution #3 – Update Your Disney Plus App
Disney launches updates to improve the app’s performance but it also includes fixes experienced by users. You may have pending updates needed to be uploaded, so best to check for available updates.
- Go to Google Play Store or the App Store.
- On the search bar, type Disney Plus and click the app.
- If there are updates available, click Update or Install.
- Follow the instructions and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, launch your Disney+ app and check if the issue still exists.
Solution #4 – Clear Your Cache
Temporary files on your cache may be using a lot of processing capacity, which slows down the app. There are different ways to clear your cache, depending on the device you are using. In most cases, you will have to go to your device’s Settings and access the History section. From there, you will find the option to clear your cache.
Solution #5 – Reinstall your Disney+ App
If all solutions above do not work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your Disney Plus app. To uninstall the app, go to Settings and click the App section. Look for the Disney+ app and uninstall it. Now, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for the Disney Plus app. Install it again.
Which solutions above work for you best? Let us know in the comments below.