It is easier to work online thanks to collaboration apps like Microsoft Teams. You can work from your home office while keeping in touch with your co-workers and making sure every task is followed through. Microsoft Teams is designed for organizations to collaborate even when you are away from each other.
If you want to add guest access to your Microsoft Teams team, it is possible. However, take note that you can only invite anyone when you have a personal account. It is more complicated to add a guest when you are under a corporate account. This is to ensure the privacy and security of the members. If you want to add a guest to your corporate account, you have to enable it first.
Enable and Add Guest Accounts on your Team on Microsoft Teams
You can add a guest on your Microsoft Teams if your enable it. But, you need to have admin access to enable the function.
Configure Guest Access via Guest Policy Settings on Microsoft Teams Admin Center
- Go to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/.
- Look for Org-wide Settings in the left panel. Click to expand.
- Click Guest Access.
- Toggle the option Allow guest access in Teams to Enabled or On. You can edit the access that you want for your guest.
- Click Save.
- Go back to Org-wide Settings.
- Click External Access.
- Make sure to turn On the Users can communicate with other Skype for Business and Teams users option.
- Click Add domain.
- Type the domain of your guest and click Add.
- Click Save. Wait for 24 hours for the changes to apply.
Configure Microsoft Teams Guest Access via PowerShell
Another way to enable guest access is through PowerShell on a Windows 10 computer.
- First launch PowerShell with admin rights.
- Type Install-Module -Name AzureAD.
- Confirm if prompted.
- Type this command: Connect-AzureAD.
- Sign in using your Microsoft Teams admin account.
- Type Set-MsolCompanySettings -UsersPermissionToReadOtherUsersEnabled $True.
- Restart your Microsoft Teams app.
Configure Team Guest Accounts via Azure AD accounts
If you are using the Azure AD accounts, you can add any guest to your Microsoft Teams.
- Look for the name of your team and right-click to open the menu.
- Click Add Member.
- Type the email address of your guest and an invitation will be sent to the email.
- Once your guest accepts, he or she can access the team.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.