TikTok has been a craze online with millions of people making TikTok videos, not to mention gaining popularity out of it. If you can dance, plank, eat or do just about anything for only a few seconds, you can do TikTok.
With millions of TikTok videos to watch every day, you end up not being able to keep up with everything. People are uploading content on TikTok every single second of the day. If you want to watch again a video you love but don’t want to miss out on others, you can download the video from your TikTok watch history.
But, it is not as easy as you think. Unlike other video streaming social media apps like YouTube where you can go to your Watch History and get to replay a video from there, it does not work the same with TikTok. If you want to check out and find a video you previously watched or viewed, there are two scenarios you have to consider.
How to Watch Again TikTok Videos you Previously Viewed from your Watch History
Things are a lot easier if you “liked” the video you want to rewatch or followed the TikTok creator. It is easy to access the videos you want to watch or view again by going to their profile using the TikTok app on your Android phone or iOS device. Learn how to do it in the steps below.
- First, go to the lower right corner and tap the Me icon.
- If you followed the creator of the video, tap the Following icon below your surname.
- Scroll down and tap the profile of the creator of the video.
- Scroll down on the thumbnails and select the video you want to replay.
- If you only liked the video, go to the Heart icon.
- You will then see the thumbnails of videos you previously liked.
How to Download your TikTok Watch History Data & Activity Reports
As mentioned before, there are two scenarios. The first is when you liked the video or followed the creator of the video. The second is when you have not done any of the things above and watched a random video on your TikTok timeline.
If this is your case, you can rewatch the video by downloading your watch history data file and account activity log report. Note that downloading your full TikTok timeline data will take hours or days before the download process is complete. The delay is mostly due to the processing of your data to be available for download.
While it is being done, it will appear as Pending on your Download data tab on the TikTok mobile app. When you see the Download button, it is available for download. You only have up to four days to download the video. You will be taken to the TikTok website once you hit the download button to complete the process.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Me icon.
- Go to the top right corner and tap the three-lined icon.
- Choose Privacy.
- Go to Personalization and data.
- Select Download your data.
- Go to the Request data tab.
- You can download your data as a JSON file or TXT file.
- After selecting the file, tap Processing request.
Do you also want to rewatch TikTok videos or prefer to move on to the next ones? We would love to know your TikTok story, so drop us a comment below.