Microsoft 365 gives you access to suite of applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and more. But, some users encounter the error code 30088-4 when they try to install the Microsoft Office 365 app on their Windows 10 PC.
Some of the error messages you will see when installing Microsoft Office 2019 and 2016 include:
“We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program.”
“Something went wrong Error code 30088-4 Go online for additional help.”
“Office is Busy. There is a problem starting the Office Installation.”
“Background installation ran into a problem.”
Fixing Microsoft Office 365 Install Error Code 30088-4
The error code 30088-4 appears when there is a problem with your Microsoft Office installation package. However, there are several ways you can do to troubleshoot and resolve the issue on PC. Check out the different methods below and follow each step to help you fix the error on Windows 10.
Method #1 – Perform a System Restore on PC
- On the Search box, enter System Restore.
- Select System Restore Point.
- Select Choose a different restore point toggle.
- Click Next.
- Look for the Show more restore points box and check it.
- On the list, look for the system restore point with the date before your Windows update.
- Click the entry.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Method #2 – Run Microsoft Office Quick Repair
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Click the Microsoft Office installation package.
- Click Change.
- Select Quick Repair.
- Click the Repair button.
- If it does not work, try following the steps above. This time, choose Online Repair.
Method #3 – Reinstall your Microsoft Office App on PC
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Look for Microsoft Office.
- Click Uninstall.
- To reinstall Microsoft Office, go to Microsoft Support.
- Look for Microsoft Office 365.
- Install the application.
Have you tried other solutions that can fix the Microsoft Office error on Windows 10? Sharing your answers can help other users too! Please write them down in the comment section below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance