It is a huge advantage to record your laptop screen especially when you are at a meeting or an online class. Video recording your screen allows you to focus on the interaction while not missing out on the important details later on. You can check your screen recording back if you want to create a report or take down notes.
Many users love using Chromebooks due to its affordability and ease of use. However, there are no Chromebook applications that will allow you to screen record or screencast. If you have to record your screen, you can download third-party Chrome extensions to do the job.
How to Screen Record on a Chromebook Using Loom Extension
Loom is a widely used screen record extensions for Chromebooks. It has a free basic version but you can also choose the Pro plan, which is $5 per month. Loom has video editing tools that you can use after you record your screen.
- First, download the Loom extension through the Google Chrome Webstore.
- Once you have added the extension to your Chrome browser, you can use it anytime.
- Look for the Loom icon on the upper left corner of your browser.
- Log in your details.
- On another window, click the Loom icon again.
- A notification message will appear asking you to use the camera and microphone. If you only want to record the screen, click Screen only. If not, it will activate your webcam.
- Click Start Recording.
- Once you are done recording, click the green checkmark at the bottom.
- A new window will open and you can download your recording or copy the link to share with others.
Use Screencastify to Video Screen Capture on Chromebooks
Screencastify is also a popular screen recording extension. It also comes with the basic and the Pro package at the price of $49 per year. You can export your video to different video files and has video editing tools.
- Download the Screencastify extension through the Google Chrome Webstore.
- When you are done, click the Screencastify icon found at the upper left corner of your Chrome browser.
- Click Sign in with Google.
- Allow Permissions and allow the extension to use your camera and microphone.
- To record, click the Screencastify icon again.
- Click Record.
- A new window will appear asking you what part of your screen it will record. Click Your Entire Screen.
- Click Share.
- Once you are done recording, click the Pause icon. Now, click Stop.
- A new window will appear. Click the Untitled name.
- Enter your file name.
- You may choose to close the tab or you can edit your video by clicking Open in Editor.
How to Screencast on Chromebook Using Screen Recorder Extension
Screen Recorder Extension is another alternative for screen recording. The extension does not have any paid version, so you can use it for free. However, the editing tools are not available. You can simply use it for easy recording or another option.
Which of the extension above would you want to use for your screen recording? Tell us in the comments below.