With the continued advancement of technology, a lot of kids can benefit from added information they can get online. Access to these information can help them learn more things. However, some limitations must be set, especially on younger ones. There are restricted contents that must not reach the eyes and ears of our children.
Google Home is an all-around control center at home that can help ease up activities inside the house and office. It allows you to control your home’s entertainment, tasks, and even online activities. You can also use Google Assistant to help you perform things such as turn the lights on, search for particular information, or play music using voice commands.
Does Google Home Have Parental Controls?
Fortunately, Google Home comes with Parental Controls feature that will give you leverage on your children’s online protection. It enables you to monitor their online activities and restrict their access to unwanted content.
To use the Google Home Parental Controls, you need to set it up first.
Set up Your Google Home Parental Controls
- Open your Google Home app and sign in to your Google account.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Select More Settings.
- Scroll down and click Adjust Settings for this Google Home Device.
- Now, you will see a list of activities that you can enable or disable, depending on how you want to set up your parental controls.
- For instance, go to YouTube Restricted Mode and toggle it to Enabled so that no one can access the restricted contents on YouTube. Check each item to see if you want it enabled or not.
How to Let Google Assistant to Recognize your Child’s Voice
There is an option that will allow the Google Home app to recognize your kids’ voices and let them use Google Home. First, you need to download the Google Family Link app. Aside from recognizing your child’s voice, the app will also enable you to set parental controls on your child’s account individually.
To do this, you need to download the Google Family Link on both your device and your kid’s device. On your device, you will need to use the Google Family Link for parents app. Now, set up an account for your child on the Family Link app. In the setup process, you will have to link both your devices through an invite.
- Once done, launch your Family Link for parents app.
- Go to your child’s account.
- On the top-right corner, click the Menu bar and sign in to Google Home.
- Follow the steps on how to set up your child’s account on Google Home. It also includes allowing Google Home to recognize your child’s voice and selecting the devices to access.
- After you have done the process, you can now make changes in the setting to set up your parental controls.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.