A lot of kids dreamed of playing Xbox games. For many children, such a dream came true when they were given Xbox One consoles. There are hundreds of games to play for long and extended hours. While there are cool games designed for kids to enjoy, Xbox also has games that are only meant for adult gamers.
Parents are worried that their children can access these adult-oriented games, especially without their supervision. But, Microsoft has a solution. The Xbox Family Settings app allows parents and guardians to set the Xbox One kid’s account to age-appropriate games.
What is Xbox Family Settings App
The Xbox Family Settings App will give parents or guardians control over the children’s Xbox account. Once set up, they can decide what games the child can play. Through the app, adult-oriented games are blocked from the account.
A good feature of the Xbox Family Settings App is content age restrictions. You can choose the games based on age. It is a tedious process to check content ratings of each game to know if the games are age-appropriate or not. When you list the age of the child on their account, the app will set their age as default in showing games suitable for them. However, the feature is available on Windows 10 and Xbox consoles only such as Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
SEE ALSO: How to Setup and Use Microsoft Family Safety App in Windows 10
Setting up the Parental Controls for your Kids on Xbox One Console
- First, you need to install the Xbox Family Settings app.
- Go to the Family dashboard.
- Select the family member you want to set the age restriction.
- Once you are in your kid’s dashboard, select Content Restrictions.
- Look for the Allow Content Suitable for Age section. Click to open.
- Now, scroll down and click the age of your child.
- Click Save.
- If you have a game that you want to make an exception, click the Always allowed menu. Select the game that you want to allow in your kid’s account.
That’s it! You can also customize the other settings on your kid’s dashboard. Now, your children can continue their fun with their Xbox console while you feel secure knowing that the games they play are safe for their ages. On top of these, you can also set and manage Xbox screen time for your child.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.