Casting video content to your VIZIO SmartCast TV straight from your phone or tablet is possible thanks to the Chromecast technology built right within the device. Now, you can enjoy watching videos, shows, or movies with a bigger screen.
If your Vizio SmartCast TV is not working or is not available, there are different reasons why it happens. There may be technical issues with your SmartCast TV, so it blocks you from mirroring contents. Perhaps, there may be an error in the configurations of your network. Or, another possible reason is a software glitch.
No matter what causes the error in your Vizio SmartCast TV, there are several ways on how you can resolve the problem. Check out the solutions below.
How to Repair Vizio SmartCast TV Not Working or Not Available
Solution #1 – Check Your Internet Connection
Perform a speed test to see if you have a good Internet connection. You can also improve your network by changing the position of your router or bypassing the router and connect your Vizio SmartCast TV directly to the modem.
Solution #2 – Use Another Network
If the solution above does not work, try connecting your Vizio SmartCast TV to a different network. You can use another network, if it is available, or you can use your mobile hotspot. This is to determine if your ISP is causing the error or not. Using a different ISP will help you identify if the problem is with your network.
Solution #3 – Perform a Power Cycle
Power cycle your SmartCast TV and network devices to erase temporary configurations, which may be causing the error.
BEST DEALS: VIZIO SmartCast TV on Amazon
- Start by turning off your TV, modem, and router.
- Unplug these devices and wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your modem in and wait for it to fully connect. Do the same with your router.
- Now, plug in your Vizio SmartCast TV and turn it on.
- Check if the error is still there.
Solution #4 – Change Your DHCP Setting
If none of the solutions above worked, it is time to change the DHCP setting of your network, so different IP addresses will be assigned to all your devices, thus preventing the error.
- Turn off your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- On your computer, open any browser and type your router’s URL.
- Login your username and password.
- Go to the Settings and look for the DHCP setting under Advanced or Network settings.
- Check if it is enabled. If it is disabled, click enabled. However, if it is already enabled, disable it first, then click enabled again.
- Click Save and close the settings page.
- Turn on your TV.
Solution #5 – Factory Reset Your Vizio SmartCast TV
Your last resort to fixing the error is to factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV. Careful considerations are needed before doing this method as this will cause all your settings, apps and content to be lost.
You can reset a Vizio TV using your device’s menu or buttons. Do the following:
- To factory reset using the TV menu, press the Menu button, and click System.
- Go to Reset & Admin and choose Reset TV to Factory Settings.
- If you want to factory reset using your TV’s buttons, press both the Input and Volume Down buttons for at least 5 seconds until a bar appears on your TV.
- Press the Input button again for at least 5 seconds until your TV screen turns off.
- Turn on your TV and follow the reset procedure.
Which of the methods above helped you fix the Chromecast error on your Vizio SmartCast TV? Let us know in the comments below.