When reading a book, it is helpful to have a bookmark on hand to mark the pages where you left off. Did you know that you can also add bookmarks in the documents you create on Microsoft Word? The same works in Google Docs. A bookmark feature will serve as a marker so you can easily navigate and find the places where you need to go. That way, you save time and effort in looking for the things that you want to see in your Word document.
Aside from creating a bookmark that you can easily check and view, you can also insert or add a link to the bookmark anywhere in your document. You can set the bookmark link on a text, a spot in the file, or an image.
How to Manage or Use Bookmarks in Microsoft Word Documents
When you want to use bookmarks on your Word document file, you can create and insert one in any location within your document. You can also use the Go-To tool on Word to look for your bookmark. Another way to use it is to add a link to any word. Now, you also have the option to remove the link or delete the entire bookmark. This guide works on Microsoft Office 365 Word app on Windows 10 PC and Mac computer.
Creating Bookmarks in Microsoft Word
- First, look for the place where you want to add a bookmark. Place the cursor on it.
- Click the Insert tab on the Menu bar on top.
- Go to the Links section.
- Select Bookmark.
- Enter the name of your bookmark.
- Now, click the Add button.
Adding Bookmark Links in Microsoft Word
- Look for any item in your Microsoft Word document where you want to add a link to your bookmark.
- Right-click on it and select Link.
- On the left side, go to Place in This Document.
- Select the bookmark you want to add.
- Click OK.
Finding a Bookmark in Microsoft Word
- To look for your bookmark, navigate to the Find tab in your Menu bar.
- Select Go To.
- Under Go to what, click Bookmark.
- Type the name of your bookmark.
- Click Go To.
Removing a Bookmark Link in Microsoft Word
If you no longer want to add a link to a word or image in your document, you can remove it. Right-click on the link and select Remove Hyperlink.
Deleting a Bookmark in Microsoft Word Document
- On the Menu bar, click the Insert tab.
- Select Bookmark.
- Choose and highlight the bookmark that you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
- Click Close.
What do you think of adding bookmarks in Microsoft Word documents? Is it a useful feature or simply a fad? We would love to hear what you think in the comments section below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!